Contributing to Nuclide’s Swift Integration: Why and How
I was surprised by the amount of interest in my hackathon project to add Swift support to Nuclide. I’d love it if you helped me complete my vision for the project.
- Why are people interested in nuclide-swift?
- Why contribute?
- What are good resources for getting started with Nuclide package development?
- How does nuclide-swift work?
- What’s left to do?
Why are people interested in nuclide-swift?
- There are only a few choices when it comes to Swift editors. I imagine most people use Xcode, and some use AppCode. In time, Nuclide could be another option.
- Nuclide is open-source. You can see exactly how each feature is implemented. This encourages collaboration. For example, I was thrilled to see Ryan Lovelett release a VS Code extension inspired by Nuclide.
- By using Swift tooling, like SourceKit, Nuclide provides useful feedback to the Swift team. I’m excited to work on testing framework
Continue reading →